About Turf Australia
Turf Producers Australia Ltd (TPA), trading as Turf Australia, is the representative body of the Turf industry comprising of levy paying turf producers and individual members Australia wide.
The Mission of Turf Australia is to lead the turf industry, to represent the members, the industry and promote turf to the marketplace.
In order to achieve its Mission, Turf Australia:
- Represents turf producers in public, government and agency forums
- Promotes, support and develop industry best practice
- Provides education and be a forum for industry members and allied industries
- Encourages and direct research, development and extension
- Promotes the industry’s products, processes and professionalism
- Fosters co-operation between Turf Australia and State turf associations
- Ensures good governance and management
The Turf Levy
Turf Australia is the Prescribed Industry Body for the Turf levy in Australia. In 2006, following a successful campaign by Turf Australia to promote the benefits of a national levy, the turf industry voted to implement a compulsory levy. Turf Australia liaises with Horticulture Innovation Australia, who is responsible for levy expenditure, to help determine appropriate and strategic levy investments which includes industry development, research and marketing initiatives.
The levy rate is 1.5 cents per square meter of turf. This amount is payable to the Federal Department of Agriculture – Levies by all businesses that grow and sell more than 20,000 square meters of turf in any year.